Pharmacists, pharmacologists, physicians, veterinarians, statisticians, engineers, scientists from academy, hospital or industry.
Professionals with a master or doctoral degree with some experience in medical product development who aspire to transform into decision-making pharmacometricians or quantitative translational scientists should apply.
The program is designed for professionals with full- or part-time jobs in areas such as pharmacology, engineering, statistics, pharmaceutical and medical sciences and epidemiology.
This graduate education in Pharmacometrics Modeling is built in 4 consecutive modules as follows :
Module 1: Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics (PK/PD), as integral components of the drug development process
Session by e-learning (30 hours) – From 1st to 30 April 2022
- Introduction to Drug Development process
- Principles of PK/PD relationships and PKPD modeling
- Principles of clinical pharmacology and their applications to clinical development in oncology and cardiovascular diseases
Module 2 : Pharmacometrics : modeling and simulation tools
Hands-on session for application analyses of data, with NONMEM and an interface on PCs (5 days). From 13 to 17 June 2022
- Introduction to pharmacokinetics modeling, the NONMEM suite, modeling strategy, model building and validation, Monte Carlo simulation, PKPD analysis.
- Initiation to software R for Pharmacometrics
- Application of M&S will be on cardiovascular and oncology therapeutic areas.
Module 3 : Concepts of PK/PD modeling
Session by e-learning (20 hours). October 2022
- PK-PD link models
- Population PK/PD analysis
- Intermediate and more complex PKPD modeling
- Understand and learn using R Pharma software in complex situations
Module 4 : PK/PD modeling based drug development approach
Hands-on session for application analyses of data, with software and interface on PCs (5 days). January 2023
- Applications to PKPD analysis and modeling on oncology and cardiovascular or other therapeutic areas
- Create own PK/PD concept, analyze it, and establish a M&S system by establishing a project of clinical practice and/or in drug development.
For application form, please contact Frédérique Costes : firstname.lastname@example.org
All courses will be in English, modules 1 and 3 are delivered by e-learning
The hands on learning sessions with software and interface on PCs (modules 2 and 4) will take place in Strasbourg
The e-learning sessions will be held on the DigitalUni platform specifically developed for continuing education. For technical information and prerequisites, please contact email@example.com
After each module, a certificate of attendance is delivered and a notation is given (continuous control).
This graduate education in Pharmacometrics Modeling from the University of Strasbourg will be delivered after validation of the 4 modules and after writing a project about a specific case chosen by the student, using M&S tool and PK-PD modeling.
Dr Geneviève Ubeaud-Séquier, Professor of Pharmacokinetics in Faculty of Pharmacy and Hospital Pharmacist – Strasbourg University
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
In collaboration with international experts in M&S field
This training course is an “action d’adaptation et de développement des compétences” (ref. French law). A certificate of attendance is delivered after the course. An evaluation measures the trainees’ satisfaction and the achievement of learning objectives.